Advance your skills in Mammography.
This advanced certificate program will be a three-part series. The program is
designed for working technologists and full-time radiography students. The
program includes both didactic and clinical components designed to meet
the professional needs of formal specialized education in Mammography.
Curriculum includes the following:
- Mammography Overview
- Patient Education and Assessment
- Anatomy and Physiology/Pathology of the Breast
- Benign and Malignant Diseases
- Mammography Equipment
- Mammographic Processingand Quality Management
- Breast Imaging Mammography
- Breast Imaging-Digital, Ultrasound and MRI
- Breast Biopsies
- Breast Imaging Emerging Technologies
- Treatment Options
Advanced Certificate Program
PART 1 – Initial three day program
- Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sunday, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. (includes tour of local facility with clinical hands on training)
PART 2 – Hands on Clinical TrainingThis meets the requirements of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) for supervised and unsupervised logged cases.
Clinical rotations will be conducted at the following locations:
- West Boca Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Delray Outpatient Center
- Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Cleveland Clinic Florida Outpatient Center
- Mid-Town Imaging
- Independent Imaging
PART 3 – ARRT Registry Review
All of the instructors are ARRT registered mammography technologists and have over 28 years of combined experience.